Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Wonderful Time

I really cannot believe that another year has passed. It seems like just a few months ago I was happy and healthy, and just in a matter of two years all of that has turned! From being diagnosed with my Immune Deficiency to being put in the hospital, so much has changed. I don't know where all of my time has gone.

It's really hard to believe that a year from December seventh of 2010, I had my first bone marrow biopsy. This one biopsy led to many wonderings and discoveries! We have been to so many doctors to try and figure things out, we have traveled to Cincinnati.  I have been put into the hospital, found out I have DBA, started more IVIG treatments, Blood Transfusions, surgeries...the list goes on and on. Seriously, where has my time gone? But, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I am in a good place. I really have so much to be thankful for.
   
This past month has been good and bad. I have had a lot more sick days than usual, and it kind of feels like things are getting worse. I have had a lot of new symptoms, and I'm not real sure why. I had a blood transfusion because my numbers were really low. It made me feel good for about two days, but since then I haven't been feeling well at all. I don't understand! But as usual, I have to keep pushing on!

I finished this semester of school, and that is a total relief. It has been so stressful, but I made it through and did really well! I had a wonderful Christmas, except for the fact that I was very sick and almost went to the Emergency room! But it was very nice! I got to be with my family and even go to church! Having Christmas on Sunday was so nice, I really felt the spirit of Christmas.

I went to clinic and to the orthopedist this month for a check-up, and to see how my arm is progressing from surgery. The doctor said it was dong great, and that I should be able to do some therapy soon! I am thrilled! I also went to clinic to have a transfusion. While there, my mom and I talked with Dr.Shah about the possibilities of transplant. At first, I was kind of shocked! I kind of had a breakdown, but we are just exploring it. Although the thought of a Bone Marrow Transplant scares me, there is a settling feeling that goes along. It could possibly cure me. That thought gets me excited. We are going to see the transplant team sometime in January. Remember, we are just exploring the option!


Well I had my blood drive on the 27th, and it went amazing! I could not believe all of the people who came! I was totally overwhelmed over the kindness of people. People made huge sacrifices to come and donate their blood to someone in need! I had over 120 people come and donate. Although, some weren't able to donate or able to make it, it really was the thought that counted! I had family, friends, school teachers, and so many others that came to donate! The United Blood Services even brought a bus to accommodate more people who wanted to donate! All I have to say is, THANK YOU! It really meant so much to me. You have impacted so many who receive blood, just like me. Remember I am having another blood drive on April 28, 2012! Make sure to sign up and come donate! Up above I put together a little video of only a third of the people who came! Thank you sooooooo much! Have a wonderful New Year! P.S. tomorrow the 30th is my birthday! I'm going to be 14... I can finally go to the Stake dances! Whoooooo!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment