Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Soul Surfer

Yesterday was an amazing day and a very inspiring day. My mom took me to go and see the new movie Soul Surfer. It was seriously the most amazing movie I have EVER seen! The movie was about a girl named Bethany, she loved to surf and she grew up in Hawaii. One day she went out to the ocean getting ready for a huge surfing competition when suddenly her arm was bitten by a shark. It was totally ripped off and her arm was gone. As the weeks and years went on she had a tough time trying to find her place in the world and trying to learn things with out arm. She was very sad, because she thought she would never be able to surf again. She always questioned and got upset that she was the way she was. But, one day she decided she would make herself surf again, and guess what, she did. Ya it was a challenge for her but she did it and she have faith and courage. The whole thing left me in tears, and it reminded me that I just have to move on, and I have to have faith and just believe I can do anything. Even if it's hard, we have to be strong and we have to "keep on climbing". I encourage anyone who is reading this to go and see this movie. I know all of you will love it as much as I did. And I know it will inspire you to have faith in anything and know that anything and everything is possible.


Just to let all of you know, I received (well my mom received) a call from Cincinnati Children's. They got the blood results back, and I have what is called Diamond- Blackfan Anemia. This is an abnormality in the bone marrow or a(Bone Marrow Failure) and red blood cells. I am thrilled they have a diagnosis. Let's just have faith this is finally it! Also, on Friday I go to the Hemoc doctor for further testing and the Orthopedist for my arm. Then on Monday I go to the Reumatologist for my joint pain. I am also starting the IVIG instead of the Subq infusions soon. Please keep me in your prayers and seriously, go see that movie! I'm thankful for all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I just saw that on Sunday, and it was so touching and inspirational:) I loved that she was always so strong, between her walk with God, as well as the whole accident, and getting through that with Him by her side. When I watched this, the two people that popped into my head were Carolyn, and you. Although you are younger and shorter than me, I definitely look up to you!!! It takes a lot of courage, faith, and strength to be going through this, and I'll always be by your side:) I'm so glad we have news now! I'm praying that the doctors will be ready to start your treatment, and I hope everything goes through well. Good luck with your last day of AIMS!!! Hope to see you soon:D
    Love,
    Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot Whoot! So glad you got a diagnosis!

    After I took Cass and Abby to see that movie Abby came home and pulled the arm off her barbie just like Bethany did (we had the exact same barbie as she did!) Now she calls that barbie Bethany, haha

    ReplyDelete